Jonas Bergh has extensive experience in transactions, disputes/corporate investigations and outsourced business law, both in Sweden and internationally.
Jonas Bergh have been a partner in one of Sweden’s law firms (Lagerlöf & Leman – today Linklaters), and founded and pursued own law business. He has also worked internationally in Brussels and as a partner in one of England’s law firms (Ashurst).
Alongside the legal work Jonas has been a board member and chairman of the Board of Directors in listed and unlisted companies. He regularly acts as advisor to Boards and shareholders. He is also chairman of the board in a nomination committee of a listed company.
Examples of major assignments – transactions
- Responsible lawyer for: a shareholder’s sale of shares in Hemnet Sverige AB, with total transaction value of SEK 2 billion.
- the Swedish State in a privatization.
- The sale of an insurance company with a purchase price of SEK 5 billion.
- The sale of 390 properties with a total purchase price of approximately SEK 5 billion.
- A phase 2 trial in the European Commission, regarding a merger of two Finnish companies with a transaction value of SEK 5 billion.
- Several transactions for some of Sweden’s largest private equity firms, one with a transaction value of over SEK 30 billion.
- HQ AB and HQ Bank AB regarding capital increase and the sale of the bank to Carnegie.
- Five different corporate bonds of a listed company with a total transaction value of SEK 2.5 billion.
- A new issues of shares common stock and preferred stock for listed companies with a total transaction value of SEK 600-800 million.
- The sale of a family and foundation owned company to private equity buyers with an acquisition value of approximately SEK 2 billion.
Example of major assignments – disputes and corporate investigations
Jonas Bergh have been Responsible lawyer for:
- HQ AB and HQ Bank AB regarding an investigation by the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority.
- An investigation and dispute further to irregularities in Eniro AB 2015/2016.
- An investigation of irregularities in a large service company.
Example of major assignments – outsourced business law
- For about 20 years’ time, In charge of legal issues for a corporate group with German owner, with a turnover of approximately SEK 6-10 billion.
- For about 20 years’ time, In charge of legal issues for a corporate group with German owner, with a turnover of approximately SEK 2 billion.
- For about 16 years’ time, In charge of legal issues for a corporate group with American owner, with a turnover of approximately SEK 1 billion.
- Board Chairman & Partner, Berghco Law firm (Stockholm), 2010 – ongoing
- Partner & Lawyer, Ashurst Law firm (London & Stockholm), 2007 – 2009
- Founder & Partner, AJB Bergh Law firm AB(Stockholm), 2000 – 2006
- Partner & Lawyer, Lagerlöf & Lehman Law firm (Stockholm), 1985 – 1999
- Partner, Boden, de Bandt, De Brauw Jeantet, Lagerlöf & Uria (Brussels), 1994 – 1997
- Legal clerk & Junior judgeship, Nyköping court (Nyköping), Svea Court of appeal (Stockholm), 1981 – 1985
- Bachelor of Fine arts & Art history (60 credits) (Stockholm university, 2018)
- Bachelor and Master of Law as well as Business and Economics (Uppsala university,1976)
- Chairman of the Nomination Committee, Clas Ohlson AB
- Board Chairman, Linné Kapital Förvaltning AB
- Board Chairman, a family foundation
- Board Chairman, Varpsund Home of Shooting AB
- Board member, Svenskt Gårdsvilt AB
- Board member, Livio AB (Stockholm)